Senior Navigator: Central Virginia's Guide for Aging Well and Caregiving
A joint project of The Lindsay Institute for Innovations in Caregiving, VirginiaNavigator and The Daily Progress, the 2023 edition of Senior Navigator features insights and advice from thought leaders in aging and caregiving.
In these pages, you’ll learn about:
- 10 reasons by walking should be your lifelong fitness partner
- How caregivers can find the support they need
- Villages for aging safely in place
- Meditation is much more than stress reduction
- Employer's role in supporting workers who are caregiveres
- How Virginia helps families navigate dementia with a road map
- Why you might consider working with a death doula
- UVA's memory and aging care clinic
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services assistance for area veterans and their families
- Therapeutic recreation specialists
- What caregivers should know about elder financial exploitation
- How to pick your doctor wisely for a path to a good life
- Planning for future health events for you and your family
- Women's health while coping with caregiving
- Telehealth use in the care for older adults
- Falls as a public health crisis
- Support for the challenge of Veteran caring
- How you see yourself means everything
- And much more!
Read previous editions of Senior Navigator, a wide-ranging guide for healthy aging and caregiving practices.
♦ 2019/2020 edition of Senior Navigator [First-place award recipient from the Virginia Press Association]